Friday 4 March 2011

My Ninth Mistake

The Seed of an Idea.

In the previous lesson I started to think about what I my magazine is going to incorporate and the features that it will contain.
My basic idea will be that the name of the publication will be "The Black Magazine". This is a reference to a number of different artists/bands who have had a multi-platinum albums with the title of "The Black Album" These artists include; Metallica, The Dandy Warhols, Jay-z, Prince and The Damded. The name of the publication also has a connotation of rebellion and revolutionary.
The band being featured will be called "The Penguin Philosophers"

Here is my initial plan of the magazine, it is a work in progress and I will add more to later.















Here is a list of things I thought of whilst making this and these things aren't concrete yet, I will probably change a lot of the things I did in this plan;

Title: The Black Magazine – as a reference to many artists who have had multi-platinum albums with the same title of “The Black Album” artists such as Metallica, The Dandy Warhols, Prince and Jay-Z.

Genre(s): The publication will focus mainly on alternative/rock but will cover other genres including; nu-metal, indie, rapcore etc.

House Style: The house style will be mainly black and focus around darker colours as a connotation of rebellion and revolutionary.

Comparisons: This publication will be related to other music publications such as, ‘Q’, ‘Kerrang’ and ‘Rock Sound’.

Brand Identity: Logo pending

Language: The language used in this publication will be informal.

Target Audience: the audience targeted will be of an age group of about 16 – 24 year olds. Secondary audiences will include people who listen to certain genres but it is not limited to a niche market.  

The band being featured in the double spread article will be “The Penguin Philosophers”.

No comments:

Post a Comment