Wednesday 16 March 2011

My Elventh Mistake

How I turned normal images into Polariod pictures.

As I said in my previous post, I am going to blog about the process of how I made normal images to look like Polariod pictures.

I started by cropping the image I wanted to use, into a square and took out all the parts of the image I didn’t want.












I was then left with this image of just the part I wanted.
















I then expanded the canvas to add the white boarder around the image. I then extended the bottom height of the image to make it look as if it was a Polaroid picture.
















I then dropped a shadow to give it an authentic feel.
Opacity: 38%
Distance: 5px
Spread: 0%
Size: 5px









I then dropped an inner Shadow to give it a bit of colour so it doesn’t look like something that was made in haste is paint.
Opacity: 25%
Distance: 5px
Choke: 0%
Size: 57px







This is the result;

Notice the shading around the image


















I then highlighted a part of the image I want to add a glossy finish to.







I then added a slanted text to give the image a bit of the boy’s attitude, and as a reference to a personal joke or them being on tour.










That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment